Just what we need, another improved piece of cookware: This does sound interesting - using lower heat to get the same results. Here is the description direct from the page of www.williams-sonoma.com:
Representing the best in American craftsmanship, All-Clad’s D5 Stainless Steel line incorporates five-layer bonded construction as well as functional advances that make it the finest stainless-steel cookware to date. The nonstick surface of this fry pan releases food effortlessly and the lid makes it perfect for simmering or braising.
- Each of the five bonded layers serves a specific purpose, creating a noticeable difference in cooking performance.
- Nonstick interior ensures easy release of the stickiest foods and is dishwasher safe.
- Two aluminum layers, one to conduct and one to sustain heat.
- Patented stainless-steel core diffuses heat for consistent results.
- Magnetic stainless-steel exterior for durability.
- 10" pan includes a domed lid; 12" pan includes a flat lid.
- Extra-large loop handle on lid is easy to grip, even with oven mitts.
- Improved stay-cool stick handle with finger guard for balance and control.
- Pan size etched on base for quick identification.
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.